Question
Posted by: mom | 2010-05-04

steroids

I have an 18 year old son who lives in the Gym and drinks supplements will it be safe for him to use steroids once off to increase his body build.

No, it wouldn't. First, there's no guarantee that it's "once-off". Second, it's illegal, even once off. Third, I think it sets a very dangerous precedent for how he should look at achieve results. He's obviously trying to build muscle, but to allow an illegal, potentially harmful substance to be used is saying that it's OK to cheat, as long as the outcome is what is desired. There are major moral issues with that.

But more to the point with the physiology, the problem is this: What if it works? Let's say he puts on 4 to 6 kg of muscle mass very quickly. He'll still want to get bigger, and then he's got to do it without steroids. Maybe he tries, but fails and then he loses muscle mass. What then? The point is, if he starts, it will be very hard to stop, until he changes his objective to training and gives up on trying to get bigger.

The truth is that he should look at natural methods - training and diet and see how it goes.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-05-05

Reply to fitnessdoc