Hi Doc,

My husband wants to start bodybuilding and I want to find out if a doctor would prescribe him steroids? I' d prefer that it' s controlled by a medical professional, rather than him getting it from some backstreet place.

Dear Anonymous
One can do body building without using steroids, which in the end has dangerous side effects if used without proper medical reasons. Let him have a look at this article:
A healthier way to get fit and build muscle is to join a reputable gym and train with a qualified trainer.

:) he has been training and dieting - still is! I know the website and he makes use of all the good advice they give. Because of all the reading we' ve done, I feel that this needs to be rather given by a doctor than ordered from all the " evil"  places out there.

Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-05-26

If he has trained a number of years he would know what is available. Steroids dont make you grow - its Diet, Training and only then steroids. Everybody thinks they can get bg by just taking steroids, but it is simply not true. Its HUGE commitment and extremely hard training. Visit (Dont let the name fool you - its a bodybuilding forum)for some great training advice - steroids should be your last option. You can read up on steroids and their effects at profiles.

Reply to Mmmmmm