Question
Posted by: LIEZ | 2008/08/13

sterilize

hi there
i' ve been sterilized for 3 years now. i want to know if i can reverse it and will it be costly. also will i be able to fall pregnant after reversing it?

If you had the steriulisation straight after giving birth, your tubes would have been cut and tied. the success rate of reversal in this situation is very low. IVF would be an option, but medical aids do not pay for this. If you want to pursue this, contact one of the fertility clinics.

2
Posted by: Angel | 2008/08/14

Can u also advise me where to phone have u got some numbers that I can call, cause I dont know if they tied my tubes or if it was cut cause I gave birth in a public hospital at that time, but now I have medical aid. The money is not the problem I just want the sterilisation to be reverse. Which hospital can I call here in Cape Town.

Reply to Angel

Ive also asked the question, but it is very expensive,your looking in the 20- 30 (or more)thousands region here(phoned a couple of clinics specialising in it) . They also said if your tubes was tied, it can be reversed via surgery,but if it was cut,the success rate of falling pregnant is very litte.