Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2012/07/10

sterilization

in 2009 i had ectopic preg and went to Bara Hosp for operation, they never told me the procedure and even if they told me i never understood it as i was in great pain and i signed the concernt form for operation. in 2010 i had another ectopic and went to Bara again for the same procedure only to find out later when i read my file at home that i was sterelized, both my tubes were cut off. I''m 27yrs old recently got married and no kids as yet. i''m so frastrated bcos of the decision the hosp took. was there any other way they could have done the operation? kindly advice......

Ectopic pregnancies have to be removed by cutting out the tube which contains the pregnancy, so there was no other way.

3

Posted by: jessica | 2012/07/12

Hi I am 35 yeard old with two kids, I am on oral contraceptive, however I am looking at a more permanant method of contraception.
Please advise me about sterilisation

Reply to jessica
Posted by: Girly | 2012/07/11

Im not a professional practisioner but as the ectopic take place in the tube, they cut the damaged part and reconstruct the tubes. Your Age should have been a deciding factor against sterelisation. You may lodge a medical negligency case against health department, but could be a difficult case as consent form was signed but you may still argue your case in court as you were incapacitated by severe pain to make rational decision.

Have you tried anything since 2010?
My heart goes out for you Mpho

Reply to Girly