Question
Posted by: Anri | 2011/11/10

Sterilization

Good morning

I know one of the advantages of sterilization is that you cannot get pregnant and that you do not have to use bith control pills anymore.

What is the disadvantages on hormone levels? Will my skin suddenly turn bad, because that was one of the reasons for me using the pill.

My mother in law dont want me to do this, because she said a sterilization lead to a historectomy. Is this statement correct.

Thanks for your time.

Sterilisation does not affect your hormone levels. If you need the Pill for your skin, then stopping the Pill will affect your skin.
Periods are sometimes heavier after a sterilisation, but this is also usually due to stopping the Pill which tends to make periods lighter.

1