Question
Posted by: Maggy | 2010/11/08

Sterilisation

Gooday I am 31yrs old mother of two (girl 8, boy 4) I was on injection since 2008 and I didn''t get my periods since then, so now I was supposed to go for another injection today and I was thinking of sterilisation or any other method of prevention but not pills or injection. I am not sure which one because my husband and i we spoke about it and we agreed that we don''t want to have a kids anymore. Is sterilization a good method what are advantage/disadvantages of this method. please help

Sterilisation is a good method if you are sure you do not want any more children. Once you have had it, you obviously don't need to worry about contraception anymore. Disadvantages are that it is an operation and, if you change your mind later, it is not easy to reverse.

2

Posted by: P | 2010/11/08

Hi. If you choose sterilisation, pls have tubes tied and not cut like I did, as you may change your mind and cut tubes are a major op compared to tied tubes.

Reply to P