Posted by: Ausi | 2009-04-15

I am a woman of 39 years who had 4 pregnancies, 2 deceased and 2 (aged 21 and 3 years) alive- the last three pregnancies were a c-section because they were not full term babies (8, 7, and 8 respectively) due to hypertension and was on methyldopa 500g &  adalat 30ml and my blood pressure was controllable till after 7 months when all goes wrong. My last pregnancy was in December 2008 and I opted for sterilisation because I was not expecting the tragedy of loosing yet another child. I am therefore asking for your advice if I want to have another baby (after sterilisation), what is the risk (no medical aid),possibility of tube vertilisation (I don’ t know how) but definitely not surrogate mom.

With your background and age, I would say that it is not worth the risk of another pregnancy. Reversal of sterilisation is not very successful, particularly if it was done immediately after delivery - in the region of 5%.