Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2012-07-10

Steralization

in 2009 i had ectopic preg and went to Bara Hosp for operation, they never told me the procedure and even if they told me i never understood it as i was in great pain and i signed the concernt form for operation. in 2010 i had another ectopic and went to Bara again for the same procedure only to find out later when i read my file at home that i was sterelized, both my tubes were cut off. I''m 27yrs old recently got married and no kids as yet. i''m so frastrated bcos of the decision the hosp took. was there any other way they could have done the operation? kindly advice......

Dear mpho
Ectopic pregnancies are by definition emergency procedures and unfortunately the consequence of such pregnancies is the removal of the affected tube in most cases. Only in very rare circumstances where the diagnosis is made very early on and prior to any rupture occurring can the tube be salvaged. In my opinion i think the hospital has acted appropriately, the way forward for you in terms of pregnancy would be to do invitro fertilization (IVF).
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

3
Posted by: Mpho | 2012-09-03

Thanks Dr for your response.
do you perhaps know any Government Hospitals that does IVF in Gauteng?

Reply to Mpho
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012-07-24

Dear mpho
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert

Dear mpho
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert