Question
Posted by: Seelan | 2011-01-24

stepper

I train in virgin active on the stepper , I am 95 kg and 37 years old ,the calories i burn is 500 in 20 min as per the stepper is that possibile , I cannot train on other cardio machines , because when I breed faster my throat becomes soar .. . I need to know when i trying to gain muscle mass , do I have to train until my muscle burn .

Hi Seelan

500 Cal in 20 minutes is very high. I'm not sure I'd trust the numbers those machines produce - they are just estimates, after all.

I'm not sure it matters though - if it's 300 or 600, what difference does it make?

If you're trying to gain muscle mass, then you need to do weight training as well, not cardio. Lifting weights is the best way to gain muscle mass, and the cardio you're doing now is for fitness. Regarding the other equipment, can you not just lower the intensity so that you don't have to breathe too much? You can control how hard it is, and maybe cycling slower or walking rather than running, until you get fitter, will help you add variety to the training?

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-01-31

Hi Seelan

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc