Question
Posted by: tb | 2009/03/02

stepkids

Hi CS
My stepkids are ages 16,14,11 they have been living permantly with us for the last 6yrs, their bio.mom is in/out their lives. The last contact was 2.5 yrs ago.
They all hav cell phns &  knw their oumas number but not their moms but they dnt make contact. My question is do we force them 2 make contact or leave it up 2 them. We r worried that they r growin up not knwing their family. My hubby has no contact at all with his ex. Tx

No, you don't force them to make contact with her. If she can't be bothered to keep contact with them, and they don't want to be in contact with her, there's nothing gained by trying to force them to call her. What benefit is contact where there is no love ?