Question
Posted by: Angel 6 | 2012/08/20

Step daughter

Good Day CS

I have a terrible issue with my SD. She is not rude to me, but she is fat and lazy and all she ever wants to do is watch tv. She is only 8. I buy her stuff to keep her physically going every 2 week visit. but she gets " tired"  then my husband tends to always try to things with her to keep her entertained. i feel like a outsider at times. when she does something wrong i tell him to talk to her, but he is all calm.

we argue constantly about her. Her mother is a money hungry x. and the kid is going down the same road.

Why do i dislike her so much?

I use to love this kid to bits

As parents, het your act together and start some proper discipline. It is YOUR home and YOUR TV, so get her involved in chores and exercise, and a proper diet, and if she doesn't then she gets to watch no TV at all, and must earn her TV time by behaving properly. Stop buying her stuff she doesn't need and doesn't earn. "Tiredness" is no excuse, and probably due to bad diet and lack of exercise. It i NOT your task as parents to entertain her - kids living in squatter shacks entertain themselves and nobody buys them anythin.
Its not the kid you dislike, its her awful behaviour. Change that behaviour and rediscover the loveable child underneath it.

1