Question
Posted by: Issi | 2010/05/04

Step daughter

Hi I have a11 year old twin stepdaughters, the one is a real girlie girl, and a socialist. The other is a tom boy.
The tom boy does not like to be hugged, touched etc...
She has no friends and battles to socialize with other children.
she acts all silly around other children.

I am worried that she may have been abused in some way.
She has these sad eyes...

She battes to trust people and can be introverted, while the other twim , is an extravert.
They have been at a child psychologist, on and off the past few years for different issues. I just dont think that she would open up to a psychologist.
I am surprised that her mother does not see a problem,
Please advise
I

Expert ImageTeen expert

Issues with step-children can be difficult to handle, and often the best way will be through your husband, unless you have a good relationship with their mother?

You don't mention what the psychologist thought was going on, but it would be worth revisiting what was said about her presentation. There is always the chance that she is just very different from her sister and often twins will try and be very different from each other because they get fed up of people seeing them as the same. You can also speak with her and ask her if there is anything that is making her unhappy. Many children also struggle with divorce so if this has been around recently this may also be contributing.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/05/08

Reply to Teen expert