Question
Posted by: Need to know | 2009-11-11

Stem Cells

There is a product available called Stem Enhance which is supposed to support the natural release of adult stem cells, thus improving one' s health. I have a number of health issues and I am on the following meds: Eltroxin, Nexiam, Ecotrin, Micardis, Estrofem, Aspavor and Librax. By the way, I am nearly 59 years old. Would taking Stem Enhance be contra indicated? The claims of the Stem Enhance seem to be too good to be true! Have you any info/opinions on this product?

Hallo Need to know
1. Stem enhance is not regarded as a medicine but as a supplement and therefor does not have FDA approval as a medicine.
2. I could not find any reputable scientific articles on the effectiveness of Stem enhance although a lot of alternative health websites discuss the effects - how well it has been researched is unclear
3. Stem cells can regenerate damaged tissue like heart tissue after a heart attack - I am not sure what your expectations are by using this, as you don't have any damaged tissue that needs regeneration?
4. Being "herbal" or "natural" does not mean that things are safe to use, that is why all medicines are tested for over 15 years in various clinical trials before the FDA approves them.
If it sounds to good to be true it probably is...
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-12

Hallo Need to know
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc