Question
Posted by: tiekie | 2008/08/18

stem cells

My husband has only 20% use of his heart due to heart failure. He is now 65 years old. He received a pacemaker nearly two years ago. He also have two stents which was implanted as he had a heart attack (in the hospital) while waiting for the pacemaker to be implanted . What is the latest on stem cell implantation? I have read about a cardiologist in Cape Town who did that to one of his patients - will it work for my husband also? Please help as I am desperate to help my husband !!!

Hallo Tiekie
Prof Johan Brink is the doctor in Cape Town that did these operations. Please ask your husband's cardiologist to contact him at tel (021) 938 9483 to discuss your husband's options?