Question
Posted by: Roxane | 2012/06/27

Steam room after gym session

I normally go into the steam room at gym for about 15 minutes after my workout in the gym. Workout will last about 30 - 60 min and consists of walking/jogging/rowing/weights/circuit etc. Could this be armfull to my heart at all? Should I not go into the steam room after a workout?

Roxane

It should not be harmful to your heart. Pay attention to your body. If you feel light headed or experience any chest pain, you should consult your doctor for an examination. A steam room after a workout, assists with muscle recovery, as this improves blood flow.