Posted by: Village idiot | 2012-05-24

STD and antibiotic

hope you have an nice answer for me. I had un-protected sex , caught std - doctor diagnosed as Chlamydia , Gonorrhea or Trichomoniasis. Ive beign on antibiotic for about 8 weeks now. From Cipro XR©  , doxycycline and anti-fungal medicine. Most of the symptoms is gone except the burning sensation before urination , much better than before , but stil there. Other thing is the urge to pee the whole time (feels like presure on the bladder)

Can this caused by the long use of antibiotic , or is the std not dead ?

I suggest that you consult an urologist for a cystoscopy, to visualise the inside of the urethra and bladder. It is possible that you have a bladder infection that is not responding to the current treatment. You can use Citro-soda to alleviate the burning sensation when urinating.