Question
Posted by: single again | 2010-09-10

STD &  HIV tests

Hi Doc, just come out of a two relationship after finding out the GF was fooling around with 2 other guys, we always used condomes and I don''t have any visible signs of anything nor any form of itching etc, but we did have lots of oral sex, I would like to go for non expensive tests to basically test for as much as possible for my own peace of mind, but don''t know where to go. I don''t have a GP, I live in JHB North are there clinics around specifically for these tests and if so can you suggest any?
Do you know what the costs may be?

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner or possibly a clinic as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

2
Posted by: Sally | 2010-09-10

Most clinics do free HIV testing. Just be aware that there is a 3 month window period.

Before I slept with my new partner when I entered into a new relationship (even though there was no cheating in my previous relationship) I had an HIV test done at my local clinic which took 15 minutes.
Ask them for assistance and that you would like to be tested for all STD''s.

Best Wishes

Reply to Sally
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-09-10

Reply to sexologist