Posted by: Sam | 2009-04-01

I have had the same symptoms for 4 months and getting very stressed. Shooting pains in penis going into bladder. The tip of my penis (urethra) is very red with small bumps anound the hole. i get a rash on my penis head every second day. It comes and goes. I dont have any pimples or other bumps. I have got herpes type 1, can this be type 1, will it subside. If it is herpes am i contageuos all the time with this rash? Does type 1 affect unborn child??

Dear Sam
If it is herpes it is contageous while you have the blisters. It is rare for babies to be born with herpes infection, and babies usually only gets infected during birth if the mother has an active outbreak in the vagina.
Please let your doctor look at this, these days it is treatable with antiviral medications