Question
Posted by: Becky | 2010-04-24

Staying positive..... ~belive in that miracle~

Hi Dr,

I am 27 and DH is 28. We have been trying to fall pregnant for over two years now. I am on cycle 7 with 50mg clomid, monthly D21 progesterone blood tests positive every month. 26 March underwent Diagnostic laparoscopy. My Gynae found minimal endometriosis behind my womb which he removed with lazer. Both tubes and ovaries are excellent. He also performed a D& C at the same time. My latest consult with him he advised i continue with clomid for next 3 months as i am most fertile now. My DH was tested Jan 2009 and all fine. He is going for a follow up test on Monday. Can you give me any extra advise? I dont need a baby, but i really really really would like one. Thanks in advance Becky

Dear Becky

It appears that your infertility may be unexplained, as all your investigations have revealed no abnormalities. Occasionally when one is investigating for infertility we do find that this occurs and in fact this is the best group that you should be able to fall into, because with time you should be able to achieve a pregnancy even naturally. However we would generally try a few months of Clomid and timed intercourse and if that fails then your next best option would be to go for Artificial Insemination.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo