Question
Posted by: lizz | 2010/03/02

stay slim

I started gym again and are hungry the whole time. I battled to lose the weight and now it looks like I''m getting bigger again. What can I eat that is fulling and won''t make me pick up centimeters. I have a office job and do move around that much.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Dear Lizz,

It is very good that you have started gym again! The best answer I can give you is to have 5-6 smaller meals per day, instead of having 3 big meals (breakfast, lunch and supper). Adding some extra snacks in between will help you to feel fuller for longer. You can also try to include some low glycemic index snacks inbetween your meals. The glycemic index of food indicates how fast or slow our bodies use the glucose in carbohydrate rich food. If the GI is low, our bodeis take longer to digest the food and we feel fuller for longer periods of time.

Foods with a low GI include, seed bread, provitas, oats, yoghurt, fruits and veggies and much much more. GI is also influenced by other factors (cooking, processing, addition of fat and protein, fibre content, etc.). A registered dietician can also help you by setting you up with a personlized meal plan, which could help you reach your goal weight!

Good luck!
Kind Regards,
Sunita

1
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010/03/07

Dear Lizz,

Good luck!
Kind Regards,
Sunita

Reply to Sports Nutrition