Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2010/12/06

Stay or Go

My partner left me after 4 years due to our bickering. We love one another so much and we are trying to work things out and perhaps do something differently. The big thing is that he bought a house just before breaking up and now I dont know whether to move in to help him financially and hope that we can work things out or rather keep my distance but then watch him struggle. The thing is, the only thing that is stopping me from going back to him is that I am afraid that all the promises he has made me wont manifest once he has me back. Promises like marriage and making me feel special etc....Are there certain things you should look for when deciding whether to stay or go? How do I stop myself from feeling guilty about the house situation?

If you do love each other, investing in some mariage counselling would be wise. If in 4 years of bickering you haven't managed to work things out between you, some expert help would be adviseable. Promises are not a sound foundation for renewing a relationship ( and if you moved in, you could hardly avoid some sort of ongoing relationship ). Its hardly your fault that he bought a house before solving the relationship problems. Can't he get other housemates while working with you and a couples counsellor to see if the difficulties can be sorted out, and at least to enable both of you to make a better, more informed decision ?

2
Posted by: QQ | 2010/12/07

Are you happy now? Are you happier now than you wre with him? If your answer is " YES" . Stay where you are.

Reply to QQ