Question
Posted by: bernie | 2008/09/19

stay

Hi CS please could you help me my shrink is only in town 2 weeks at a time then leaves for CT for a few weeks so i' m seeing her partner in between thing is my shrink understands me and i planned to kill myself in 15 days but i believe if i get the help i need i wont do it but you probably thinking why havent i done it already? i dont want to but it feels like its fate, i cut myself dangerously and put knives up myself sometimes after been raped i am never the same my bi polar is getting worse and i have trust issues i know if i tell the truth to my shrinks they will lose trust in me and have me locked up i feel maybe my own shrink passed me off because she couldnt handle me, i just want to lay in a little ball and cry i have no one my parents dont believe in mental illness and say i' m ungratefull and should get over myself i cant deal with this alone but who do i have? a dog really i' m paranoid of losing my mind if it hasnt happened already i feel i need help NOW not when there is a time table suited for my shrink i know i' m being stupid and unfair but thats just me i cant deal with myself

I;'m delighted to hear that you haven't harmed yourself already, and hope you never do anything so profoundly unwise. It is NOT, repeat NOT, your " fate", but something you are entirely free to decide not to do. You need to discuss all of this very frankly with your shrink and his/her partner, and make wise plans to protect yourself and continue with therapy. Your shrinks will trust you as far as they should, and if you are less than frank with them, they are likely to notice than and be LESS rather than more trusting. Even shrinks may be puzzled at tiems as to the best way to help someone, but I really doubt that she'd move to CT to avoid helping you further --- surely there are many other nreasons for her to have made the move --- though its common for individual patients to feel neglected and as though there are special reasons why they are being transferred to the care of someone else. And its surely unfair to expect her to revise her life timetable simply to suit what you want, when there's someone else who can care well for you.