Question
Posted by: Lekgoara | 2010-03-11

Stavudine tablets for hiv

My doc recently prescribed Stavudine,Lamivudine and Stocrin after my partner was diagnosed with hiv and I was negative. SInce I started taking the medication I have been heavily sick and eventually after 3 weeks decided to stop it as I felt depressed and even thoughts of dying are too much. It''s been almost a week since stopping and I felt much better, but recenlty started being sick again. I decided to google the medication and found that Stavudine is in the process of being stopped due to hectic side effects and the message advised that people who took Stavudine must seek medical help. Please advice and give more information in this regard. Thank you. :)

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi L

Unfortunately most ARV's have terrible side-effects, but remeber - The benefit of these drugs most often outweight their side-effects or risk!

I'd suggest speaking to your doctor regarding an alternative, and I would NOT advise stopping treatment untill you know your are safe.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-03-12

Hi L

Reply to pharmacist