Question
Posted by: Dee | 2013-01-26

statutory rape

My brother of 16 had sexual intercourse with his 15 year old girlfriend, she now want to open a case agri s him of statutory rape... what can we do as it was concentual ?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Dee,

I would seek legal advice at your earliest opportunity to review the options in this situation.

2
Posted by: pta | 2013-01-31

a recent high court ruling stated that consenting sexual intercourse / activity between minors is not a criminal offense.

Reply to pta
Posted by: A Parent | 2013-01-29

Nothing much you can do. I would recommend getting legal advise. He might get a suspended sentence but he will have a criminal record that could affect his whole future or worse go to jail.
There is a reason why sex with an underage minor is illegal due to all the emotional stuff and other legal stuff., even if concentual.
According to the law she is not able to make these decision without outside influance.
Sorry, I did not really give you thr advise you were looking for...
Good luck.

Reply to A Parent