Question
Posted by: Ax | 2009/10/15

Stationery exercise bike

I need to loose 20 kg and I am thinking of buying an exercise bike. Is it a good form of exercise. I have two kids and work full time, I need something to be at home.

Hi Ax

It's not bad. A little boring, but that's the compromise if you can't head outside. You really have to enjoy what you do though - losing 20kg is not a three month journey, it's a long one, and I'd even say you need to plan for a long term, life change, and that means that whatever you choose to do must be enjoyable. So if you don't normally enjoy cycling, then it would not work out, because I foresee that you'd stop within a month.

Honestly, I know you're struggling for time, but if you could organize even three days a week (two on a weekend, if possible) where you could get outdoors and walk, run or cycle with some friends, then you would be on course for a long term success.

That would allow you to train maybe 5 times a week, with some of the time on the bike, the rest with other people. Makes a huge difference having support.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/18

Hi Ax

Reply to fitnessdoc