Question
Posted by: Ina | 2010/11/03

Statins

I used it for cholesterol now my leg muscles are damaged. What can I do

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Ina

I take it you are referring to muscle damage as a result of taking a statin-medicine? Hopefully you've discontinue taking the medicine - If not, contact your prescribing doctor at once for an alternative. While most people who experience muscle pain will return to normal after discontinuing statin use, some susceptible individuals suffer permanent muscle damage from statin use.

Suggested treatment for now are symptomatic and aim at reducing muscle pain, inflammation and peripheral neuropathy.

2
Posted by: Ina | 2010/11/08

Thank you for the answer. I stopped using it 6 months ago, but the muscle pain the same. Voltaren helps but when I stop the pain is back. Will exercise help. I make use of hospital outpatient services.

Reply to Ina
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/11/05

Hi Ina

Reply to pharmacist