Posted by: catherine zikalala | 2011-09-23

static weight

I have a BMI over 35% no matter how much I exercise I cannot lose weight. At 56 years of age I weigh 78 kg and am 1.65meters.
I dont know what to do any mire as I should weigh at least 58 kg.

HI Catherine

I think when exercise doesn't work, it's vital to recognize that diet is probably more important for weight loss.

Your BMI is 28.5 (I think 35% is more likely your body fat %), and that means you probably have weight to lose, but nto that much. The diet therefore holds the key, and so you'd need to see a dietician. It's really just about calorie-control, and there are strategies you can use to help. Things like reducing portion sizes, more meals but smaller meals, more protein in the diet, avoiding processed foods etc are all helpful. But i do think that a dietician is your best bet!