Posted by: sandi | 2009-01-15

static electricy

After working in the same office for approx. 5 years, my office mate and I are experiencing high static electricity. I have fibromyalgia which until recently was fairly controllable. I am curious if the static electricity has indeed made the fibromyalgia

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

There is no hard evidence that this may be so; however there has been speculation and some anecdotal evidence that static electricity and fibromyalgia have a connection. Some people with fibromyalgia claim that they are very susceptible to static shocks, and static electricity has been touted as a therapy for fibromyalgia (however I'd be dubious of the latter).

If you haven't done so already, please have a look at my article on static electricity for ways to reduce its effects:,33153.asp

You may be interested in a short project I'm doing where we're looking for people with fibromyalgia to take part. Please email me at for details.

Posted by: eletric bomb | 2009-01-22

just a suggestion, i am in the electronic manf. ind. we use wrist straps to min. static elelctr.

Reply to eletric bomb