Question
Posted by: Liesel | 2008/07/17

Starting with botox

Is is true that the younger you start with botox (for the eyes) the better? I don' t have many wrinkles but am considering it? The younger the better?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Liesel, thank you for the question.

The recommended age for Botox (all areas of concern) is between 28 and 35 years, however, the main deciding factor is dependent on the degree of sun damage and the onset of wrinkles. The youngest patient I have treated for severe glabellar lines (Frown) is 17 years of age. You should also consider adding, to your decision of starting Botox treatments, a good topical regime consisting of:
Alpha hydroxy acids, polyhydroxy acids, anti-oxidants, vitamin A or retinal acetate, and a good SPF that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.
Glycolic acid peels (my preference is NeoStrata)