Posted by: Debby | 2012-10-02

Starting to feel like a drug addict.

Hi Doc,

I dont know what is going on with me - and I am really almost at my witts end!

I went to see my GP earlier this year after battling with alot of personal tragedies. He put me on Cilift which i have no been on for almost 6 months.
I also started experiencing extreme hairloss a few months ago and after many doctors / gynae / dermatologist appointments _ i am now taking Qlaira &  Richelet vitamin &  another hair &  nail supplement as well as Andocur for 10 days a month, as well as Centrum.
I am seriously starting to feel like a drug addict with all the medication i have to take for all my " issues"  - but my biggest issue is that from day one I have been suffering from extreme tiredness, I can barely focus at work , never mind spend time with my 3 year old. (Single mom) I dont sleep well at all - and a friend suggested Melatonin - but that made me feel even worse the next day.

I really dont know what to do - my doc has tested my thyroid my hormones - every possible test - but yet I am still ridiculously tired.
I actually dont want to go back to my GP - he is an absolutely amazing man - but I think he might think Im a real hypochondriac - as this year I have had EBV and a sinus / flu literally every third week... which i dont understand why - being on so many multivitamins and looking after my diet... im beyond frustrated...

But i really cannot handle this constant feeling of exhaustion - its ruining my life!

Any advise would be most welcome! Sorry for the long email!

I am so sorry to learn about your constant tiredness. It is notoriously difficult to find the good for general malaise and to treat it effectively. I therefore, suggest that you consult an internal specialist to have all avenues investigated.

Posted by: Lou | 2012-10-04

Hi Debby,

It could be that you are feeling this way due to being rundown, after the stress has taken its toll.
if you are open to holistic remedies, try and see a Bach Flower Remedy practitioner - they will diagnose you and mix up the correct flower remedies. These are 100% safe and can be taken in conjunction with your normal meds.
Alternatively, have you been tested for anaemia? That would account for the tiredness.
Good luck.

Reply to Lou