Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2008/08/12

Starting Over

Hi CS,
Haven' t been here a while, hope you are doing well. Things have been relatively okay with me, I just exhaust myself. I still don' t understand why I can' t move forward. My psychologist, the one I have been with for 4 years is obviously upset about the fact that I have been sequestrated as I now can' t pay him, however he has made a substantial amount of money out of me.

I was doing okay and then snapped, drank all my meds ontop of booze, felt yukky but okay. Decided to attempt to stop drinking again, doesn' t seem plausible at this stage. Seeing a new doc, she also diagnosed me as Borderline Personality Disorder and said' s I must stay on my meds. Had withdrawal symptoms, someone referred to me as " Ursula the seawitch" , I was roaming between laughing and this angry frustrated person. Now I am just depressed. Is it really useful to go for therapy or am I just wasting my time and others?

Anyway CS, my kids are doing okay, the ex is still around but quieter.
Take Care

Hello again BT, nice to hear from you. As you may have recognized, no amount of drinking is good for you when combined with needed meds. Not only makes you feel yukky, but interferes with the benefits one is taking the meds for. Useful therapy is --- useful. So it depends on the therapist ( especially if someone you get along ewasonably well with ) and if they are using a method recognized as effective. ( a hot thing in health-care these days is Evidence Based Medicine, that is, preferring methods, whether couselling or meds or ops, which have been shown to be safe and effective by good quality research.