Posted by: Curious | 2008-11-18

Started pill without period

I was put off any form of oral contraceptives over 7 years ago due to migraine. Recently my doc put me on Yasmin to assist with my skin problems - he explained that it is unlikely that this pill will aggrevate my migraines and that it is a safe option.

However, due to not being on the pill for such a long time, it completely slipped my mind that I have to start it on the first day of my cycle. I started on the silver section but stopped after the second pill - when I realised! (Yes... I do feel real dumb!!)

I was thinking of starting again on the first Wed of my next cycle. Did I pose any danger to myself? Any advice?

No you would not have caused any danger. You can start again with your next cycle.