Question
Posted by: Pat Sparg | 2010-07-19

stapphylococcus

My son aged 28 keeps getting re occuring stapphylococcus sores. He has had one cut out of his hand under general and the other two he got on his arm, were treated with Cloxacillin. He now has another one in his nose. this is all within 6 months. His doctor who is a surgeon, doesn''t seem to preturbed and no investigations done on why these things are occuring. He is a healty, fit man, who doesn''t drink, smoke and eats very well. Should it be investigated or does one just live with it!!

Hallo Pat
Staphylococcus is a bacteria that normally lives on our skin. It causes problems if it "overgrows", and then infects all the small scratches, pimples etc causing abcesses/boils. He can try washing with an antibacterial soap especially in the warm moist and dark areas (between toes, under arms, groin) It also tends to grow inside the nose and using Bactroban nasal cream daily to reduce the bacterial growth inside the nose may help. He should treat any cuts/pimples with Bactroban ointment asap and close it up with a bandaid.
The bacteria may also breed on things like Loofah's, razors, facecloths and towels.

2
Posted by: ANon | 2010-07-20

TRy Echinaforce - I also had recurring boils and my health shop gave me this. Worked like a charm.

Reply to ANon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-19

Hallo Pat