Question
Posted by: Anna | 2010-05-05

Stap/draf

Ek is 52 en wil net weet of dit genoeg is om 30 min 4 keer per week vinnig te stap om my gewig konstant te hou of is dit nodig om te draf ( ek sukke om te draf, is baie onfiks) doen ook `n bietjie weerstands oefeninge.
Dankie

HI Anna

It might be enough - there is another part to the equation and that is your diet. But if you are already at a constant weight as a result of walking, then you will stay there if you keep walking and keep the diet the same. For sure, 30 minutes, 4 times a week is enough to get the health benefits of exercise. You don't have to run if you struggle to. It does help you burn more energy and so this is something you may work towards as you improve fitness. But you don't need to force it - just enjoy walking, make sure you control your diet (this is easier to do than exercise) and I'm quite sure you'll be OK.

In the future, as you get fitter, you might find that the desire to run comes back and then you can go for it!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-05-05

HI Anna

Reply to fitnessdoc