Posted by: KGOMOTSO | 2009-08-17

Im thinking of doing the stairs every morning for 30 minutes .From 1 to 12 floor , going up and down .4 times a week .Can I lose weight doing this or do I have to go to gym as well ?Im already on a healthy diet .

It's certainly exercise. You have to be careful about doing just this over and over, because this is pretty monotonous and so it loads the joints quite a lot, over and over. That can lead to injuries. I must confess most people would also find it boring.

And of course what you want is something you can do for enjoyment, and that you will do for a long time. So maybe, if you have 30 minutes a day, you'll benefit from walking outside (now that summer is near), from going to gym occasionally, and then doing even longer walks outside.

THe problem is that this simple lifestyle change is good for you, but it might not be sustainable for you.

So look at adding some variety, and make a way to enjoy it as much as you can!

Posted by: Bambi | 2009-08-23

I think it is a great start. And from there you can always increase

Reply to Bambi