Posted by: Tanya | 2010-03-31

Stagnant weightloss?

I had a baby 3 months ago. The initial baby weight I lost within 2 weeks. BIG loss.

The remaining weight I''m really struggling with! I exercise 5 times or more a week, which includes high intensity cardio and weight training. I drink 2 USN meal replacement shakes a day, and then have a healthy, portion controlled dinner at night. I drink fatburners before exercise and before lunch. I also use Duromine every 2nd day.

I drink enough water, and I haven''t cheated ONCE on my diet. I''ve been at it since 13 February to be exact. And since then I''ve lost 5 kg''s... And now it''s standing still. I am very far from my goal weight.

What can I do differently?

Dear Tanya
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Please check if the diet shakes you are using do not provide more than 2100 kJ per serving, otherwise they won't promote weightloss. Your regimen is actually working if you lost 5 kg in a period of 6 weeks because unless you use a fad diet (which is not to be recommended!), normal steady weightloss is usually 0,5 to 1 kg per week. You have averaged more than 0,8 kg per week which is excellent. I am not in favour of using these fat burners because there is insufficient proof that they contribute to weightloss and some of the ingredients they contain may cause highly negative side-effects. Otherwise your regimen should produce further weightloss if you persevere. Try to also keep track of your vital statistics so that you can see if you are losing fat even if the scale does not budge.
Hang in there

Posted by: Tanya | 2010-04-07

I''ve finished the fat burners and won''t be buying more, thanks!! I''m going to keep at it. :)

Reply to Tanya