Question
Posted by: Jason | 2011-09-21

stage fright

I apologise if this question should rather be directed to Cybershrink. My problem is my inability to use the urinals at public places if I''m not the only one using it. When I''m alone it is fine but the moment there are other guys also using it I cannot release my bladder. I would literally stand there with a bladder feeling that it could burst at any moment, yet I am unable to release. Or when I''m alone and someone enters the restrooms it would just stop running, even though my bladder isn''t empty yet. I have had this problem since my early teenage years when I realised I was not as well endowed as others. I seem to be what they call a " grower" . I am happy with the size of my penis when erect, but when it''s flaccid it is smaller than my 14 year old cousin''s. I am 27. Do you have any idea how embarrassing that is in a change room situation? It is obviously my poor self image that causes my inability to take a leak with other people. How do I combat it though? I head for the stalls by default but there isn''t always one available. I have tried my best to focus on something else when trying to urinate but to no avail. And do you know how strange it looks to just be standing there and not peeing? I''m sure people think I just stand there to try and look at other peoples'' packages because why am I not peeing. I can''t have this issue for the rest of my adult life so I need to do something, but what? It would be great to hear from people with similar issues.

It is not uncommon for men to be concerned about penis size. You have mentioned that you are happy with the size of your penis when erect. It is know that when men examine themselves (usually looking down at their genitals)only part of the penis is seen as compared to when they see that of the man standing next to them at the urinal for example. When erect, however, those that appear well-endowed usually achieve the same size. What is of concern is how this impression of yourself is affecting your life. You seem to have developed a phobia when you have to relieve yourself with others present. I would recommend that you get help with this, to work though these thoughts so that this anxiety does not continue to occur. For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

6
Posted by: Anom | 2011-09-22

I suffer from the same problem, and it can be very embarrassing when you just stand there and nothing comes out. It normally has to do with self image rather than a medical one. Im also very small when flaccid but ok when erect. The best is to talk to a shrink or do something about your size, Im using the extender and it''s working wonders. So yes, you can do something about your size!!

Reply to Anom
Posted by: Trev | 2011-09-22

Jason, rest assured that at the urinal in the restroom, that the last thing in the world that I would be interested in is looking at anothers mans thing,I would purely be interested in having a leak, nothing more,nothing less, and I think that 99.9 percent of men feel the same way when having a leak.So whether the guy in the next urinal is hung like a peanut, or hung like a horse,I wouldnt look,and I dont think anyone else would look either.The only person who looks at your whatsit in the toilet is yourself[unless the next guy is some sort of pervert] Therefore I think that your stagefright is unfounded, and unneccessary.

Reply to Trev
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011-09-22

Reply to Sexologist
Posted by: jake | 2011-09-21

if you pull on it, it will get stiff!

Reply to jake
Posted by: joe | 2011-09-21

Same situation here, until I just told myself to relax mentally and visualised things like waterfalls, running tap etc. Also give it a few gentle pulls to get flow going.

Reply to joe
Posted by: XXX | 2011-09-21

Jason you are not alone my friend I have the same problem, and if there is not a stall availeble I will wait till there is one, if perhaps the need is so big that I cannot wait I will choose the urinal that is not close to the door and then I stand where I can turn my back half on the others. It is in fact a hell off a thing for men who does not know these kind of problem we sit.Perhaps you must post this on the cybershrink. Sorry for any spelling I am Afrikaans.

Reply to XXX