Question
Posted by: Tholi | 2011/09/12

Stage 3 Renal Failure Diet

What diest can i follow if i''m on stage 3 Renal failure. I''m confused on what i should eat and what not

Dear Tholi
I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from stage 3 renal failure. It is absolutely essential that any patients with severe kidney disease should be under the care of a registered dietitian. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. If you are not able to consult a private dietitian, then ask your doctor who is treating you to refer you to a dietitian working at a hospital so that you can be given the correct dietary advice for your condition. Each patient requires an individual diet prescription for renal failure that takes all the specific factors of your case into account.
I sincerely hope that you will obtain individual dietary assistance for your condition.

1

Dear Tholi