Question
Posted by: Naomi | 2010/02/03

STAGE 2 BLADDER CANCER

Sorry Dr. Bets there was no other way I could reply to your comment about my dad.

He was seen to by Dr. Davey (UK doctor) at the Helen Joseph Hospital in Johannesburg as he has no medical aid.

My only concern is if he' ll get an appointment so soon before he gets operated on. The operation is scheduled for 22 / 23 February 2010.

I would appreciate your feedback as it will mean a great deal for him.

I actually think maybe he should suggest treatment to the doctor as I think his heart and lungs are not fit for the operation as they couldn' t give him anesthetic when he went for the biopsy due to the heart and lungs. He was given an epidural instead.

I await your suggestions on oncologists in JHB.

Regards,

Naomi

Hallo Naomi
Prof Ruff is the head of Oncology at Joh Gen and an excellent oncologist. He is regarded as one of the key opinion leaders in South Africa. Call the oncology unit at the hospital and ask them if he could get an emergency appointment to see one of the oncologists before the operation date. You can also postpone the operation date if really needed. Good luck and keep me posted!

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/03

Hallo Naomi

Reply to cyberdoc