Posted by: Ally | 2012-06-27

Staffy frequently urinating on bed and couches

My Staffordshire Bull Terrier is 15 weeks old and we got him 2 weeks ago. Since we''ve had him he has a tendency to urinate on the couches which we then obviously wash, he has done this a couple of times. He also urinates in his doggy bed, never while he''s sleeping but he has done it many times. He comes to work with me in the day he has a doggy bed here too and we also have beanbags in the office he also frequently urinates on both of these. Other than that he''s fairly well potty trained. What can I do about this?

Hi Ally

You need to train your pup to urinate outside and not in the house. Try to increase the frequency by which you take your dog outside and then reward him for urinating in the correct designated area.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Posted by: Tanya | 2012-06-29

Ally, shoo! quite a problem this. So nice that youre able to take your pet to work but one question is :- Does he have easy access to outdoors at work and at home?
There is a ''Pet Away'' spray that you can buy at vet or maybe supermarket that repels animals. Probably has citronella odour, and stops them urinating where its inappropriate.
Try this. Hope it helps.

Reply to Tanya