Question
Posted by: Janine | 2011/11/07

Staffy

I have a 4 month old staffy. We thought she was potty trained until about the last week or so she has been doing this:
She spends majority of the day outside, and then joins us inside at night. Within 5 minutes of her being inside, she urinates wherever she finds a spot (always a different place). We let her out for a few hours, and the moment she''s back inside it''s literally 5 minutes and she wee''s again!

Doesn''t matter how long she''s outside for, she insists on urinating almost immediately once she gets inside? This is extremely annoying and it s pushing us to a point where we are forced to leave her outside! she is suppose to be a family dog but we are really struggling with this issue.

Is there a reason she is doing this? How do we deal with it? She was doing really well for about a month with no accidents inside at all!!!! Now we''re back to square 1.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Janine, I am pasting a link to a toilet training article at the bottom and I would suggest you start the training from scratch, as if a brand new pup. also, cclean all areas she has soiled with a mixture of 1/3 white vinegar to 2/3 water. Clean several times and then put down some pure citronella oil on areas soiled to stop her.
While she is in the house and you are retraining her, you will have to watch her 24/7, so that is she shows any signs of sniffing you can rush her outside to eliminate and offer plenty of praise. If, after reading the article you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me, thanks scotty and link below.
http://www.health24.com/medical/Focus_centres/777-2268-2552-2678,61400.asp

2
Posted by: Janine | 2011/11/07

Thank you Scotty, I am certainly going to give it a go.... Again... LOL!

Reply to Janine
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/11/07

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert