Question
Posted by: myself | 2011/03/16

staff intimidation... please help

Hi there.
A couple of weeks ago I had an incident where the other staff tried to blackmail me into paying them money every day (they said I was stealing and would go to management if I didn''t pay them) of course I am not stealing and told them to leave me alone and went to management with the problem - they did nothing.
Now when I''m trying to do my job the same staff members who tried the blackmailing thing are intimidating.
The one guy got very aggressive and disrespectful on saturday and I thought he was going to hit me (i''m female) again i''m getting no support from management.
What can I do?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Staff Intimidation

It is suggested that you merely go to see the management to report the matter. this can be done annonomously aswell.

4
Posted by: Trev | 2011/04/02

I had something similar happen to me some years ago.I lodged a formal grievence with the management,I ensured that the H/R dept receieved a copy- put the whole case to the union in writing,I made a police affedevit,laid a formal criminal charge at the police station,in addition to initiating civil-legal procedings against the perpetrator via an attorney.
It wasnt long before the perpetrator broke under pressure,it seemed as if the perpetrator aged ten years overnight.[After all,a bully is usually a coward.]

Reply to Trev
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/03/25

re: Staff Intimidation

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Whena | 2011/03/22

Myself- put it all in writing to the hR person or a senior person in the organisation

Reply to Whena
Posted by: shaheeda | 2011/03/18

Does the company doctor have a right to contact my personal docto without my consent

Reply to shaheeda