Question
Posted by: Sharkey | 2009/03/20

stabing pain in foot

HI,

For the last two weeks I have been experiencing a sort of sharp stabbing pain in my left foot just before the heel, more towards the bridge of my foot. It comes and goes through out the day. It feels like I have stepped in a glass.

thank you

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Sharkey

It sounds like you may have plantar fasciitis, a common foot condition affecting the area you have described. There is a lot of information regarding causes and treatment options on this and other websites. Check it out and see if any of the available suggestions help. If not, you will need to visit a podiatrist to get a diagnoses and help with treatment.

Chris