Question
Posted by: Dea | 2011/05/09

stabbing sensation

Dear doc. I''m 19 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing dull stabbing sensations/discomfort in my pelvic area ever since 2nd trimester. What is the cause of this and is it normal? Also after eating a meal I got very bloated all of a sudden and had cramps all over. This happened once. It continued during the night, but was gone in the morning. Is this only gas pain? Or something to be worried about?

The bloating is normal. It is difficult to say what the pelvis pains are due to. It could be stretching of the round ligaments. Ask your gynaecologist to check at your next visit.

1