Stabbing pain in stomach

I have a stabbing pain in my stomach where my solar plexis is - It started 2 days ago after I had eaten alot and I needed to go to the loo (which I hadnt been able to do in three days) I pushed and I suddenly got that sharp stabbing pain in my stomach (solar plexis area - not my bowels)

Now i get that stabbing pain whenever I am lifting something heavy, holding my breath, when I pull my chair in at work and when I am on the loo. Could this perhaps be a hernia or something?

Dear Anonymous
Yes it could be a hernia. However it could also be that you just strained a muscle. Try using an anti-inflammatory medication like Brufen or Voltaren for a few days, if it does not improve, you may have to see your doctor