Posted by: Sara | 2011-07-07

Stabbing pain

Hi there, I am about to get my period in about a week. I have a very sharp, throbbing pain that feels as if it''''s a sharp needle someone is stabbing into the right side of my vigina (from the bottom upwards) to just the top of my hairline. It lasts maybe a few seconds and then dissapear for a while before it returns. I don''''t have any discharge and there is no burning when I urinate. I am 36 years old, married and I have a history of endometreosis. I''''ve never been pregnant. Thanks for your time.

The pain can be due to endometreosis and I suggest that you consult your gynaecologist for an examination and pelvic ultrasound. Your doctor will even consider a laparoscopy to identify the cause for your pain and discomfort.