Question
Posted by: HEAD TENSION | 2010/06/28

ST JOHN WORTS - MILD DEPRESSION

Hi doctor, do i need to worry about anything??

i think am relieved thank you to St John Wort, the natural tablets for mild depression, stressed or not stressed i dont feel like my brains will explored, i have been researching about healing depression naturally, and i think i have found something that really makes me feel right, and good, and myself, i will recommend if you suffer but i am not a doctor and also just trying out but so far, i has been great, i thought i share have suffered a llot and also been on antidepresseants felt like a robot for a long time i hope this will help for my sake and sanity,

but i dont know know if there has been any side effects or anyone who has used it??/

"Natural", of course, is no blessing in and of itself - most of the things that are REALLY bad for us, are more natural than most of the remedies we're offered, which claim to be "natural".
However, reasonably good scientific evidence suggests that St John's Wort can be helpful in MILD ( NOT in severe ) depression, and it seems to work in a way similar to Prozac and many other antidepressants ).
So St John's Wort can indeed be very helpful for some people -I suspect that like medicinal antidepressants it won't help everyone, maybe in the same 70 % proportion as ASs. One need to be cautious on a number of points though, as it can interfere severely with some other important medications, such as anticoagulants and some heart pills, so its wise to check with ones doctor or pharmacist if you plan to take it when you are on other necessary meds.

3
Posted by: anon | 2010/06/29

PLEASE Head Tension research the SIDE EFFECTS of St. John''s Wort.... it can cause photo sensitivity in the eyes - some really bad ones too - so do be aware and careful and always speak to your doctor when going onto any herbal/natural med. That is why they have naturopaths, homeopaths etc who can advise how to use these meds.

Pleased it has helped you.

Reply to anon
Posted by: head tension | 2010/06/29

thank you Doc

Reply to head tension