Question
Posted by: ws | 2008/12/10

SSRI' s

Which of the SSRI' s drugs would you suggest is the least likely to make one put on weight. I was on Serdep, but most definitely put on weight even though my eating habits did not change - that also added to my anxiousness!

I am also on Simvastatin 10mg - could that increase my weight too?

Dear WS
All the SSRI's can cause weight gain although Prozac is supposed to cause the least weight gain. While weight gain is a rarely reported side effect with some other cholesterol medications, it is not a recognized side effect with simvastatin. Ask your doctor if you could try Wellbutrin?