Posted by: Patricia | 2009-09-04

Squeaking sound when breathing deep

Dear doctor,

I just noticed a few days ago that I make thin noises when I breathe really deep or beathe all of the air out suddenly. It' s almost unoticeable, for it only happens in situations when during activities that make me exhausted or when I laugh. Is it normal? I' ve had bronchitis as a kid and nowadays I have allergies that affect my respiratory tract, but I haven' t been sick in a long time now and I have no cough or phlegm, so I don' t know what could be causing these sounds. I am thin. Could it be that my lungs are just a little tight and there' s nothing wrong with them?

This can be due to a mild form of asthma. Consult your doctor to have a lung function test done to rule out any pathology. He/she will also have to examine you, in order to make a proper diagnosis.