Posted by: Tom | 2009-05-07

When performing weighted squats should my feet be parralel pointing perfectly in front or should they keep their natural angle.

Hi Tom

For most people the natural angle is slightly off dead centre, which is to say that if you force them to be parallel then you are probably forcing yourself to rotate internally. That isn’t a bad thing, unless you have to rotate very far inward. Then it starts to place strain on the hips and inside of the knee, so is best avoided. So my advice is to be pointing more or less straight ahead, but not necessarily perfectly parallel.

As the other respondent has said, you can play around with this, by rotating outwards, to get a different effect, but I agree that for you, just go with the ‘neutral’ position.

Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-05-08

Pointing forward. Do quats with feet in different angles to feel how it hits the various muscles. Stock standard squat? toes forward.

Reply to Mmmmmm